1950’s Revival in Co. Kildare
Refurbishment and Extension of an existing 1950’s cottage located on a quiet country road in South Co.Kildare. This cottage was typical of the Land Commission style that we see dotted around the Irish countryside. This cottage was in need of some much needed renovation and extension work to modernise it and make it fit for 21st Century living to provide for the needs of its new owner in her return to an area in which she was born and raised.
The original cottage was extensively stripped out to accommodate new ground floor construction connecting the new and old portion of the dwelling. The extension was carefully designed and added to the rear of the cottage to house a new open plan Living/ Kitchen/ Dining Room/ Space to make good use of the sites orientation.
A new connection or link was designed to ‘connect’ the new and old portions of the dwelling. New Triple Glazed Energy efficient Alu-Clad Windows were installed throughout with the refurbishment and upgrade to all building services and insulation standards to bring it up to an ‘A’-rated standard to form compliance with current Building Regulations (TGD Part L Compliance)